The palace is also known as Ca’ dei Cuori (House of Hearts), given the presence of wrought iron heart decorations on the facade.
Palazzo Correr Contarini Zorzi was built in 1678 by the noble Correr family on the site of an ancient Gothic palace, of which only the corner columns survived. Later, the palace passed to the Soranzo, Zorzi and Contarini families.
The roof terrace was added in the 20th century, when the palace was owned by the de Mombell family.
The palace has a majestic 17th-century facade overlooking the Grand Canal, characterized by the presence of two imposing monumental water portals, marked by arched heads and composed of a main opening surrounded by four quadrangular windows.
There are two noble floors, of equal importance and with the same design. They are characterised by the presence of a mullioned three-light window with a small balcony, positioned to the left, flanked by other mullioned windows, which also continue on the side facades.
Frames of Istrian stone highlight the symmetrical and harmonious arrangement of the elements, emphasizing in particular the precision of the design. The white balustrade on top is also a truly remarkable element, which delimits an extensive terrace and is supported by a notched frame.
HOW TO GET THERE
The closest vaporetto stop is San Marcuola, located about 300 meters away, on the waterbus Lines 1 and 2. To find the palace on foot, use the map below.