The English pop rock band Tears for Fears will perform on Wednesday, Ju Read more [...]
Lucca Summer Festival is one of the most important music festivals in Italy, held every year in Lucca, usually during the month of July, since 1998.
The concerts are usually held within the historic walls of Lucca, in Piazza Napoleone, Piazza San Martino or Piazza dell’Anfiteatro. Sometimes, when the audience is very large, it is preferred to use the Porta Elisa soccer stadium in Lucca or the Pini stadium in Viareggio.
Over time, important bands and artists have attended the festival, such as David Bowie, Bob Dylan, James Brown, Mark Knopfler, Jamiroquai, Seal, Zucchero, Ray Charles, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Anastacia, Giorgia, Green Day, Ennio Morricone and the Rolling Stones.
On 5 July 2009, the Dave Matthews Band held a concert of over three and a half hours, the longest performance of their career. On 23 September 2017, was held the historic Rolling Stones concert, the only Italian date of the No Filter European tour, which established the attendance record for this event, of about 55,000 people. On this occasion, the stage was built alongside the City Walls, precisely in the former Balilla field.
The 2019 edition of the LUCCA SUMMER FESTIVAL will start on June 28, with a concert of the British pop group Take That. So far, the artists announced for the 22nd edition of the festival are:
- Take That, which will perform on Friday, June 28, starting with 9.30 pm, in the Piazza Napoleone, in Lucca, as part of their Greatest Hits Live tour;
- Francesco de Gregori, performing on June 30, starting with 9.30 pm, in the Piazza Napoleone;
- The American rock band Toto, which will play on Friday, July 5, starting with 9.30 pm, in Piazza Napoleone, as part of their 40 Trips Around the Sun tour;
- Elton John, who will perform on Sunday, July 7, from 9.30 pm, in the same central square of the city, as part of his Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour;
- The American rapper Macklemore will perform on Tuesday, July 9, starting with 9.30 pm, in Piazza Napoleone;
- The English pop rock band Tears for Fears will perform on July 10, from 9.30 pm, in Piazza Napoleone;
- The English bands New Order and Elbow will perform on July 12, from 8.30 pm, in Piazza Napoleone;
- The British guitarist Mark Knopfler, who will perform on Saturday, July 13, starting with 9.00 pm, in the Piazza Napoleone, as part of his Down The Road Wherever tour;
- The Italian superstar Eros Ramazzotti will perform in Piazza Napoleone on July 16, starting with 9.30 pm;
- The Good, the Bad and the Queen will perform on July 20, starting with 9.30 pm, in Piazza Napoleone;
- The German band Scorpions will play on July 27, in Piazza Napoleone, from 9.30 pm;
- Sting will perform in the same main square of Lucca on Monday, July 29, starting with 9.30pm.