• About

    Palazzo Morosini Sagredo, also known as Ca’ Sagredo in the Venetian dialect, is a palace in Venice, located in the sestiere of Cannaregio, overlooking the Grand Canal between Palazzetto Foscari and Palazzo Giustinian Pesaro.

     

    SHORT HISTORY

    The palace was built starting with 1382, at the behest of the Morosini family, in particular at the will of Michele Morosini, Doge of Venice for a few months.

    At the beginning of the 18th century, the building was purchased by Gerardo Sagredo, relative of the more famous Nicolò Sagredo, the 105th Doge of Venice.

    Under the new ownership, the building was restored by the architect Andrea Tirali, who built the monumental staircase and had the attic decorated with stucco. The architect Tommaso Temanza also worked on the project.

    In 1913, the palace was sold by the Sagredo family, and later was restored to its former glory by the Superintendency of Fine Arts in Venice, being declared a National Monument.

    Today, Ca’ Sagredo is a 5-star hotel which features an impressive art collection. The hotel has 42 rooms and suites sumptuously decorated, and public areas which display masterpieces by famous Venetian artists of the past.

     

    ART AND ARCHITECTURE

    The facade of the palace, in Byzantine-Gothic style, is not symmetrical, as a consequence of the enlargement carried out in the 18th century.

    The facade has an imposing hexafora (six-light window) on the second floor, supported by slender columns. Above, we can see a beautiful Gothic quadrifora (four-light window), surmounted by four quadrilobes, architectural elements that give grace to the facade, making it unique and particular.

    Inside, the artistic heritage of the palace includes some spectacular paintings by famous artists of the 17th and 18th centuries – Niccolò Bambini, Giambattista Tiepolo, Sebastiano Ricci and Pietro Longhi.

    In addition to the paintings and frescoes, the walls and vaults of the rooms and salons of the Piano Nobile are masterfully decorated with rich stuccos by two famous Lugano artists, who worked in Venice in the early 18th century – Abbondio Stazio and Carpoforo Mazzetti Tencalla.

     

    HOW TO GET THERE

    The closest vaporetto stop is Ca’ d’Oro, located to the left of the palace, on the waterbus Line 1. To find the palace on foot, use the map below.

  • Photos
  • Map

    No Records Found

    Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.

    Google Map Not Loaded

    Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.

  • Reviews

    Leave a Review

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Rate this Place (overall):
    • rating icon
    • rating icon
    • rating icon
    • rating icon
    • rating icon
     
    Rate this Place individually for:
    Location
    • rating icon
    • rating icon
    • rating icon
    • rating icon
    • rating icon
     
    Staff
    • rating icon
    • rating icon
    • rating icon
    • rating icon
    • rating icon
     
    Cleanliness
    • rating icon
    • rating icon
    • rating icon
    • rating icon
    • rating icon
     

    Drop files to upload


    Please drag & drop the images to rearrange the order

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.