The Sanctuary of Nostra Signora delle Grazie is a small chapel located in Via Giuseppe Mazzini, in Bogliasco, dedicated to Our Lady of Grace.
The chapel was probably built right after the terrible plague that struck the entire region of Liguria in 1657. A text from 1685 signed by a parish priest confirmed that the sanctuary already existed at that time.
Following the construction of a new provincial road in the vicinity, the chapel was rebuilt in 1817 in its current position. On April 26, 1925, a new building was inaugurated here, on a project by the engineer Pietro Luxoro. On this occasion, a new altar donated by the Bigatti family was added in the chapel.
Inside, the sanctuary preserves a painting on wood of an unknown author depicting the Virgin Mary. The chapel also has a substantial collection of votive offerings donated by believers, including four paintings by Domenico Gavarrone, two by Berto Ferrari and one by Piero Bozzo.
HOW TO GET THERE
The sanctuary is located about 700 meters away from the Bogliasco train station, or about 12 minutes on foot. To find the chapel easily, use the map below.