The palace was built in the 15th century for the Montegnacco family, in Via Rialto, near the Loggia del Lionello.
In January 1910, for the construction of the new Town Hall, the demolition of the existing buildings between Via Rialto and Via Cavour was planned. After a heated debate on whether to demolish the palazzo, perhaps the only remaining vestige from the Venetian era in Udine, it was decided to preserve this ancient building, at least in the original elements of the facade.
Casa Veneziana was thus disassembled and later, in 1929, it was reassembled in Piazza XX Settembre, where is currently located. Some frescoes were lost.
The facade of the palace, built in Venetian-Gothic style, is structured on three levels, with alternating mullioned windows of various shapes.
The main portal is surmounted by a three-light window and a small balcony. The attic has four rectangular windows.
HOW TO GET THERE
Casa Veneziana is located about 900 meters away from the Udine railway station. The closest bus stop is in Piazza Garibaldi, about 250 meters away, on the bus Lines 2, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11 and C.
Find a place to stay