All Palaces in Pordenone

  • Favorite

    Palazzo Comunale

    Palazzo Comunale, also known as Palazzo del Municipio, houses the Town Hall of Pordenone. The palace is located at the southern end of Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, in Piazza San Marco.   SHORT HISTORY The palace, originally called lozza, was built probably at the end of the 13th century, in the oldest and most elevated part of the town, near the Cathedral of San Marco and the port on the Noncello River. For a long time, the Loggia was used for justice and official meetings, and the upper hall was used as a warehouse, armory, or for theatrical performances and entertainment. In 1542, the facade of the palace was enriched with gothic pinnacles after a design by the painter Pomponio Amalteo, pupil and son-in-law of Giovanni Antonio de’ Sacchis, better known as Il Pordenone. In 1626, the council hall was adorned with the painting of Alessandro Varotari, Il Padovanino, representing San Marco and the Justice, commissioned specifically for this space. After 1800, the same hall hosted other works of art, and became the city’s art gallery until the establishment of the Palazzo Ricchieri Museum in 1970. In the 1920s, the council decided to expand the palace, to gather in one Read more [...]

  • Favorite

    Palazzo Badini

    Palazzo Badini is a beautiful palace in Pordenone, located in Piazza Cavour, near the northern end of the Corso Vittorio Emanuele II.   SHORT HISTORY The noble Badini family moved from Bergamo to Pordenone at the beginning of the 16th century. After receiving the title of Count in 1710, the family participated in the public and administrative life of the city, holding the office of podestà (chief magistrate) many times. The palace was built at their behest in the late 17th-early 18th century. In 1782, the palace was ready to receive the hereditary prince of Russia, Pavel Romanov and his wife Sofia of Württemberg, but the couple preferred to stay overnight in a modest inn, not far away from the palace. During the 19th century, the building was the seat of the Austrian court, during the Lombardo-Venetian Kingdom. Subsequently, the palace passed from one owner to another, until it was purchased between 1926 and 1933 by Credito Veneto. Later, the palace was aquired by Banca Cattolica del Veneto, by Banco Ambrosiano Veneto and finally by Banca Popolare FriulAdria. Following a major renovation carried out between 1971 and 1973, the ground floor was completely changed from its original layout. To make Read more [...]