Antonio Canova International Aiport, also known as the Treviso-Sant’Angelo Airport, is an airport located 3 kilometers west of Treviso and 31 kilometers north of Venice. The Treviso Airport can be considered the second airport of Venice, the first being Marco Polo International Airport.
The airport has a single terminal divided into the Arrivals area, on the ground floor, and the Departures area, on the first floor, and a single runway completely redone in 2011.
Born in 1935 to meet the needs of the Aero Club of Treviso, it obtained the status of a civil airport in 1953, at the initiative of the local authorities. In May of the same year, the first international flight was inaugurated.
Until the opening of the Marco Polo Airport, in 1960, the Treviso Airport was the reference airport for the nearby city of Venice. Starting with that year, it became exclusively a stopover for charter and cargo aircrafts.
In 1996, the Treviso Airport entered the Venice Airport System, following the collaboration between Save, the manager of the nearby Venetian airport, and the local Aer Tre.
In February 2007, the new and wider passenger terminal was inaugurated, named after the famous Treviso sculptor Antonio Canova, and in July the partnership with the Venice Airport was strengthened by increasing the number of passengers.
HOW TO GET THERE
From Venice, you can reach the Treviso Airport by bus, using the services of the local transport company, ATVO, or the services of the private transport company Terravision.
The ATVO buses run every 40 minutes, and a trip from Piazzale Roma to the airport, with a stop near the Mestre train station, takes about 1 hour and 10 minutes. A ticket costs 12€ and a round trip 22€.
The Terravision buses are operated by the local transport company Barzi Service, and the departure to the airport is located on the Tronchetto Island, in Venice. With a stop near the Mestre train station, a trip takes about 40 minutes. A single ticket costs 11€ and a round trip 20€.
Find a place to stay