The palace, as engraved on the facade, was built in 1766. The palace was own in turn by the Miani family, by the Coletti and the Giusti.
Today, together with Ca d’Oro, it houses the art museum Galleria Giorgio Franchetti.
The palace has a light green facade, work of the painter and architect Antonio Visentini, and is built on four floors. Overall, in the architecture of the facade we can find various allusions to the style promoted by the architect Andrea Palladio.
The building has some peculiarities, such as the presence of the four water portals surrounded by Doric semicolumns and separated by three niches containing statues depicting personalities of the time, of the many single-lancet windows that replace the typical mullioned windows, of a cornice with an unusual arch in the middle and of an imposing dormer between two terraces with balustrades.
The top floor is characterized by the presence of two circular niches closed by triangular tympanums.
HOW TO GET THERE
The closest waterbus stop is Ca d’Oro, located about 100 meters away, on the waterbus Line 1. The best place to admire the palace is on the other bank of the Canal Grande, near the Rialto Market.
Find a place to stay